Linking up to Seven Quick Takes.
- Hey there! It’s been a little quiet here the past few weeks. That is because I have recently gone back to work full-time. This was not my first choice, but it what my family needs right now.
- But don’t worry, I am not going away! It’s just been a little crazy getting used to our new normal, but I am trying to get back to posting regularly.
- I work in community relations for a restaurant. It was never a job I could have imagined, but I actually really love it. That is a blessing! However, balancing working and commuting with the kids and the household is incredibly challenging. I am in awe of you working moms who have been doing this for years. Moms are amazing – we all do what we need to do!
- Hope you all had a great Easter! First Communion season is now in full swing. I had intended to post a gift guide, but life happened (see above). I still might share a post with a few of my favorite religious gifts for the spring season. This is such a full time of year, with First Communions, graduations, Baptisms, Confirmations, weddings, and . . . Ordinations.
- Which brings me to the other big thing that has been taking up my time – my brother is being ordained to the priesthood on June 17! Even though he has been in formation for 6 years, the reality of it is still hard to fathom. In a month and a half he will be a priest forever . . . saying Mass and everything! I am so incredibly happy for him and for my family.
- Since I love event planning, I have been helping my parents a lot with the Ordination weekend planning. I will definitely have to write up a post about this. It is such a rare experience, even in Catholic circles, that there are not a ton of resources available to help. My mom and I keep joking that we need a magazine called “Martha Stewart Ordinations.”
7. Have any of you ever planned an ordination or had a close friend or family member ordained to the priesthood? I would love to hear your ideas and experiences!
Have great weekend! Look for some new deals this coming week!